1. If you somehow found a way to extract all of the gold from the bubbling core of our lovely little planet, you would be able to cover all of the land in a layer of gold up to your knees.
2. McDonalds calls frequent buyers of their food “heavy users.”
3. The average person spends 6 months of their lifetime waiting on a red light to turn green.
4. The largest recorded snowflake was in Keogh, MT during year 1887, and was 15 inches wide.
5. You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.
6. There are more lifeforms living on your skin than there are people on the planet.
7. Southern sea otters have flaps of skin under their forelegs that act as pockets. When diving, they use these pouches to store rocks and food.
8. In 1386 a pig in France was executed by public hanging for the murder of a child.
9. One in every five adults believe that aliens are hiding in our planet disguised as humans.
10. If you believe that you’re truly one in a million, there are still approximately 7,184 more people out there just like you.
11. A single cloud can weight more than 1 million pounds.
12. A human will eat on average 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders while sleeping.
13. James Buchanan, the 15th U.S. president continuously bought slaves with his own money in order to free them.
14. There are more possible iterations of a game of chess than there are atoms in the known universe.
15. The average person walks the equivalent of three times around the world in a lifetime.
16. Men are 6 times more likely to be struck by lightning than women.
17. Coca-Cola would be green if coloring wasn’t added to it.
18. You cannot snore and dream at the same time.
19. The world’s oldest piece of chewing gum is over 9,000 years old!
20. A coyote can hear a mouse moving underneath a foot of snow.
21. Bolts of lightning can shoot out of an erupting volcano.
22. New York drifts about one inch farther away from London each year.
23. A U.S. dollar bill can be folded approximately 4,000 times in the same place before it will tear.
24. A sneeze travels about 100 miles per hour.
21. Earth has traveled more than 5,000 miles in the past 5 minutes.
22. It would take a sloth one month to travel one mile.
23. 10% of the World’s population is left handed.
24. A broken clock is right two times every day.
25. According to Amazon, the most highlighted books on Kindle are the Bible, the Steve Jobs biography, and The Hunger Games.
26. Bob Marley’s last words to his son before he died were “Money can’t buy life.”
27. A mole can dig a tunnel that is 300 feet long in only one night.
28. A hippo’s wide open mouth is big enough to fit a 4-foot-tall child in.
29. Chewing gum while you cut an onion will help keep you from crying.
30. If you were to stretch a Slinky out until it’s flat, it would measure 87 feet long.
31. Al Capone’s business card said he was a used furniture dealer
32. There are more collect calls on Father’s Day than on any other day of the year.
33. Banging your head against a wall burns 150 calories an hour.
34. 95% of people text things they could never say in person.
35. A crocodile can’t poke its tongue out.
36. It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
37. Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries.
38. Drying fruit depletes it of 30-80% of its vitamin and antioxidant content
39. A 2010 study found that 48% of soda fountain contained fecal bacteria, and 11% contained E. Coli.
40. 9 out of 10 Americans are deficient in Potassium.
41. Blueberries will not ripen until they are picked.
42. About 150 people per year are killed by coconuts.
43. Ketchup was used as a medicine back in the 1930’s.
44. Honey never spoils.
45. About half of all Americans are on a diet on any given day.
46. A hardboiled egg will spin, but a soft-boiled egg will not.
47. Avocados are poisonous to birds.
48. Chewing gum burns about 11 calories per hour.
49. The number of animals killed for meat every hour in the U.S. is 500,000.
50. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
51. Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with. It’s the same with apples!
52. More people are allergic to cow’s milk than any other food.
53. Only 8% of dieters will follow a restrictive weight loss plan (such as military diet, egg diet etc.)
54. Coconut water can be used as blood plasma.